SAN DIEGO PERFORMING ARTS DIRECTORY
The new San Diego Performing Arts Directory is a comprehensive and searchable guide for all film and stage professionals in San Diego. Get connected here!
Job postings from non-SDPAL member organizations can be listed for a fee of $30/listing/month. Payments are required before posting and can be made online with a credit card here.
Please submit job openings to Kevin Six at email@example.com.
San Diego Performing Arts League
TITLE: ArtsTix Ticket Services Administrator
REPORTS TO: Senior Ticket Services Administrator and SDPAL Board of Directors
STATUS: Part-time, Exempt (20 hours) - $16/hr
SUPERVISES: Weekend part-time staff and ArtsTix volunteers
ArtsTix Ticket Center in the new Horton Plaza Park is a state-of-the-art ticket office and information center. We serve both residents and visitors who seek discount tickets to local performing arts organizations in addition to tourist attractions and cultural venues. We are looking for an outgoing, proactive, self-starter professional who enjoys the performing arts and working with people from all over the world.
ArtsTix web site and ticketing system:
• Process show submissions, build shows on ArtsTix web site, and set up tickets in OvationTix ticketing system.
• Communicate with producers/presenters and box office staff in an effective, consistent manner via phone and email.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with member and non-member performing arts organizations.
• Monitor ArtsTix phone and email communications from patrons, producers, and members, and respond in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with producers/presenters regarding free ticket email content and timing.
• Set up and schedule regular Constant Contact emails for shows, promos, and free tickets.
• Prepare regular ArtsTix email updates for San Diego concierges.
• Monitor and troubleshoot ticketing system and web site; make changes as needed.
ArtsTix Ticket Center and SDPAL - oversee Ticket Center operation during Senior TSA’s absence
• Help supervise and train ArtsTix volunteers.
• Process theater and attraction ticket sales online, over the phone, and in person.
• Provide excellent customer service to patrons and San Diego visitors.
• Create daily sales reports and make regular bank deposits.
• Monitor and update digital signage.
• Work on other SDPAL programs throughout the year
• Work with Senior TSA to update and manage all SDPAL and AT social media posts
• Working knowledge of an online ticketing system, such as OvationTix, as well as Zesty and Constant Contact programs preferred. Knowledge of Square Space a plus.
• Exemplary customer service skills. Minimum of three years of customer service & sales experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills and social media savvy.
• Great attention to detail and accuracy in entering data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge of San Diego theatre scene and overall knowledge of San Diego is a plus.
• Available to work on some weekends, as needed.
To apply for this job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you.^ Top
Reporting to the General Director and working closely with the Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financially related activities of the San Diego Opera along with all administrative functions. Direct responsibilities include accounting, finance, forecasting and expense planning, human resources, information technology, property management, financing of capital improvements, new business analysis and endowment management. The CFO will serve as the principal financial officer of the organization, reporting regularly to the Board of Directors and serving as the management liaison to the Finance, Audit and Investment Committees.
As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will partner with other SDO leaders in administrative support, budgeting, financial monitoring and analysis. The CFO will be integrally involved in strategic and operational discussions and decisions.
Administrative Director & Controller
AP Accountant, Accountant & Front Office Manager
• Manage the financial operations of the company, including the General Ledger, cash, investments, receivables, payables and payroll, and ensure proper internal controls are built into those processes
• Oversees human resources, technology and other administrative operations of the company
• Oversee monthly and annual closes of the financial statements
• Complete the annual financial audit in a timely manner
• Coordinate the Federal and State information returns (990, etc.)
• Analyze financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitors progress and changes and keeps executive leadership abreast of SDO’s financial status;
• Meet regularly with other Executive Team members (General Director, Production, Marketing & Development) to accomplish the following:
- Ensure all departments have adequate administrative support
- Monitor budget impact of organization’s activities
• Manage the annual budgeting and planning process; update projections as necessary; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
• Manage the endowment funds, in collaboration with outside vendor
• Manage and tracks the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guideline
• Maintain key banking and insurance relationships (credit card processing), and monitors debt covenants and collateral
• Prepare and present financial reports for the Board of Directors and Finance, Investment and Audit committees (other committees as requested)
• Prepare and update cash flow forecasts, and complete cash flow transfers as needed (e.g. transfers between operating accounts)
• Develop daily, weekly and monthly reporting systems to support marketing and development operations
• Support Development Team in overseeing the following:
- financial, project/program and grant accounting;
- align expenditures with grant and program budgets throughout grant/fund periods;
- provide financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants as requested;
• Complete key financial and operational analyses as needed
• Prepare financial and operational policy memos (e.g. on expense reimbursement) and design new processes and forms to support needs of San Diego Opera accounting processes
• Other responsibilities as requested
• MBA or CPA strongly preferred
• True team-player who can work collaboratively with functional leadership (i.e. Marketing, Development, Production)
• Excellent communication skills; able to be diplomatic in delicate situations
• Very analytical; able to draw insightful conclusions from data
• Highly focused and organized; capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to present complex financial concepts clearly to non-experts
• Knowledge of classical music and opera a plus
• A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential
• Microsoft Office Suite is essential including an advanced user of Excel
• Working knowledge of Tessitura is preferred.
• Required qualification: Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in Finance and /or Accounting
Please email cover letter & resume to Jobs@sdopera.org. No phone calls please.^ Top
REPORTS TO: NTC Foundation Marketing Manager
STATUS: Contractor, 10 hours on average per week
RATE: $30-40 per hour
WORK HOURS: Flexible schedule. Availability for meetings and signature events
ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station is looking for an experienced social media savvy individual to spearhead efforts to
build our visibility through content creation and social media marketing. This position reports to the marketing
manager and is responsible for content creation, copy writing as it relates to social media needs, planning,
implementing and tracking social media efforts. Ideally, this person is on the Liberty Station campus regularly
and/or is currently connected to the campus. This person needs to be a strong, independent thinker and familiar
with the latest technology and trends in social media marketing.
• Content Creation: Original photography and video
• Development of engaging campaigns
• Copy Writing: Social Media posts (and other uses as requested)
• Campaign execution: develop editorial posting calendar in coordination with PR efforts of organization
• Campaign execution live: photograph/video events & live post
• Activity report: monthly recap of engagement and metrics
• Set growth goals across social platforms & develop strategies to achieve results
• Plan, implement and track social media initiatives (FB, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube)
• Share engaging content that aligns with ARTS DISTRICT brand and PR strategy
• Promote and engage in conversation on social media (represent the voice of the ARTS DISTRICT)
• Leverage emerging technology, industry trends and new opportunities
• Develop messaging that resonates with the community and grows our audience
• 1-2 years of related experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong copy writing and verbal skills
• Team player
• Community outreach skills
• Flexible schedule (available for some in person M-F 9-5 meetings as well as afterhours events)
• Excellent project management, detailed organizational skills
• Ability to work with 80+ unique arts organizations
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Submit:1) a brief cover letter explaining why you feel you would be successful in this position; 2) Your resume/CV;
3) a list of no more than 3 links to social media projects you’ve worked on with a sentence for each noting your
role or contribution; 4) a list of no more than 3 references with relationship and contact information, to
info@NTCFoundation.org with “Digital Engagement Coordinator application – (Last Name)” in the subject line.
The JCompany Youth Theatre within the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center is seeking a Program Assistant to join the team. The position provides general support to management, volunteers that support productions and the productions themselves. Under the general supervision of the Managing Director, the Program Assistant ensures that the infrastructure of JCompany is running effectively and efficiently and executes a series of administrative tasks to ensure the efficient running of Youth Theatre.
PAY RATE/STATUS: $11.50-$16.00 per hour / Full-Time
1. BA in Theatre or Business is preferred but not required.
2. Passion for Theatre.
3. Experience working with children from 5-18
4. Exceptional interpersonal skills
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Knowledge and/or ability to use Tessitura at a Super-user level and willingness and ability to stay current with the technology. Training provided.
7. Strong skills in Microsoft office, and Google.
8. Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY: For more information about JCompany, please visit our website: www.sdcjc.org/jc/. If interested in the position, please reply to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: We are seeking a person who can work flexible hours (weekends and evenings) based on the needs of the department and production. This full-time position is eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
The Old Globe seeks an organized, detail-oriented administrator to work in the Development department. The Development Administrator is responsible for processing all contributed income for The Old Globe, maintaining accurate donor records within the Tessitura software, processing acknowledgement letters for gifts, and interfacing with the Finance department on Development income and expenses.
The key Tessitura person on the Development staff, the position works directly with internal Tessitura support teams to ensure the database is functioning properly. Position also extracts lists from Tessitura to support fundraising activities, maintains and audits donor records to insure accuracy of records and reports, and provides general training on use of Tessitura to other staff members as needed.Position also maintains the Development department budget, updates monthly financials, and produces budget reports.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years administrative experience, including some accounts receivable experience. Outstanding computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with Tessitura or another integrated computer donor software required.
Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills required, as well as excellent judgment. Basic knowledge of accounting principles and donor research principles a plus.
Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, take initiative, be an outstanding team-player, and appreciate and enjoy theatre and the arts. We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, multilingual candidates are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Full-time, benefited position. Must be able to pass a background check. Reply with cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, HR@TheOldGlobe.org.^ Top
San Diego Theatres, stewards of the beautiful San Diego Civic Theatre and Historic Balboa Theatre, is currently hiring paid Ushers for continuous part-time work.
Candidates should have open availability on nights and weekends, and holidays, as well as excellent customer service skills.
Qualified candidates would be able to multitask, work in teams of fellow ushers, distribute programs, provide directions, and generally assist guests in their theater-going experience.
Individuals tentatively selected for employment will be subject to a background check and a post-offer drug screening.
San Diego Theatres is an equal opportunity employer, and requires a drug-free workplace.
Pay rate is $12.50 per hour
18 years of age or older
High school diploma or equivalent
Eligible to work in the United States
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
(Bilingual a plus)
(Customer service experience a plus)
Able to stand for up to four hours.
Able to carry ten pounds
Able to climb and descend stairs
You may also print the application and submit by mail to:
San Diego Theatres
Attn: Front of House
PO Box 124920
San Diego, Ca 92112-4920
You may also submit a copy of your resume alongside the application. Qualified candidates will receive a response within 72 hours.
The Old Globe Theatre in Balboa Park seeks a part-time Accounts Payable Assistant for 15-hours per week. Duties include processing invoices, assisting with running weekly checks, preparing and processing deposits, and various other accounting and business office duties.
Ideal candidate will be extremely organized and detail-oriented and have previous experience in Accounts Payable. Excellent computer skills required. Must be able to pass a background check.
This is a Part-time, non-benefited position. We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, multilingual candidates are also strongly encouraged to apply. Position will be scheduled for 3-hours per day, Monday through Friday afternoons. Send cover letter and resume to HR@TheOldGlobe.org.^ Top